Friday, January 21, 2005

Hubble Trouble: Isn't this just what we as a species do?

I just saw something on slashdot about a hubble service mission not happening because of funding. This is bizarre. How could we possibly not have money for servicing the Hubble?! Isn't this obviously a primary occupation of our species? In our priviledged role of being matter-lucky-enough-to-have-intelligent-consciousness, isn't it our duty to explore the universe and appreciate its wonders? I mean, I really don't get it.

It turns out that our President, George W. Bush, line-itemed it out of the budget. How can he claim to be a man of God when he spurns one of the great tools for studying Creation? I for one am deeply more devout than this man. I seriously don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home